A recent illustration to shake some things up. I've always had a fascination and love for mythology. I studied Latin and Roman Life in high school and college, along with mythology, of course, and I believe that art and illustrations help convey these amazing stories more thoroughly than just spoken word. This is my depiction of Asteria, the Greek goddess of the stars.
I'm working on creating a new icon for myself, something for Instagram, twitter, etc. ((above)) It's based off of a watercolor I did ages ago (cough cough high school cough cough) ((left)). It's really weird to look back on the stuff that I made so long ago, thinking it was thebomb.com, but really it was just the work of a over confident high school student. The pool for competition was a lot smaller then than how it is today, and thats just college. It's not even the real world ( a scary thought ). Three years ago I had really everything I wanted art wise. I had supportive teachers and a classroom full of supplies at my disposal, (and for free!). Now I have professors and other students who will speak their mind (with cuss words to sweeten the pot usually) and all of my art supplies are NOT free and NOT cheap. I feel overworked, struggling to take the classes that I need to take while finding the time to take the classes that I really love, and on top of tha...

Comments
Post a Comment